Tuesday, April 26, 2011

POEM by Zainab Anwar



POEM THE MEANING OF LIFE






One day I met a wise old an
Who was sitting in the park
And there upon the bench with him
We talked ‘till early dark

He told me of his travels
To a far off distant land
Where the secret meaning of our lives
Was taught to him first hand

I listened to his story
Amazed by what he said
The simple truth of which he spoke
Was knowledge not widespread

In great detail he did explain
What life was all about
And how the answer we do seek
We don’t have to be without

There was something in his message
That I could not reject
A wisdom that I understood
So simple and direct

My life forever has been changed
By the words I heard that day
A concept old as life itself
And by far the one true way

An answer to the question why
And the reason we exist
Solutions I would not now
If my walk that that was missed

No comments:

Post a Comment